Acer Aspire One questions

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 6 17:39:51 UTC 2009

2009/11/5 Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:
> I bought an Acer Aspire One recently and installed Debian testing on
> it.  I have several questions:

Thanks to everyone who replied.

> - the command "cat /proc/cpuinfo" shows not one, but two Intel Atom
> chips.  Does anybody know why?

Madi, I only wish I'd got a dual core by accident!  I guess Lennart's
right about the hyperthreading, something I wasn't aware of.

> - the command "acpi -t" returns no information at all, where would I
> start on getting that working?

I'll keep looking for this, I'm having trouble on it on another
machine (quad core desktop) as well.

> - audio volume is staggeringly low, even with the volume control
> cranked to the max - I see mention of this happening to some people,
> apparently across different hardware types, but no solution (I know
> the volume was considerably higher under Linpus Linux)

Digging into the pre-amping helped, thanks.  But it's still very
quiet, still a lot quieter than in Linpus, and I can already hear
distortion.  But the documents recommended are helping, I'll dig
around some more.

Another question that's perhaps less machine-specific: how do I enable
tap-to-click on a Synaptics touchpad?  When I search google I mostly
get results about "how do I turn it off?" and I wasn't able to invert
that process to my advantage.  Thanks again.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org