Samba oddness

Aviss,Tyler tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 5 07:54:41 UTC 2009

Just out of curiousity, have you considered plugging the users in LDAP
and then setting up samba to use that. We have an smbldap setup at
work and while it can be a PITA to setup initially it does open up a
lot of doors for other integration and gets past some of the annoying
issues with samba password files.

On that note, anyone found a useful replacement for Domain+policies
that works with Vista/7? Eventually that is going to be a big
roadblock if a stable+featureful major-version upgrade doesn't come up
for samba semi-soon...

(sent from my phone, so please excuse the typos)

On 4-Nov-09, at 3:09 PM, William O'Higgins Witteman <william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org