Early adopters bloodied by Ubuntu's Karmic Koala

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 4 16:16:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 01:06:50AM -0500, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/03/karmic_koala_frustration/
>>
>> Yet more evidence against fixed release dates.
>
> Oddly enough, I still think it's a beautiful release and heads above 9.04. I
> guess the lesson here is; For best results, backup and re-install. :)

This is going to sound like a troll, but I am honestly trying to
understand. I've tried Ubuntu, and it was nice. But in the end I
looked at Debian and thought 'it's as good or better, and I'll never
have to reinstall again, or at least until I get new hardware'. At
that point it was an easy choice.

Surely the Ubuntu install is no easier than Debian, especially for
experienced users like yourself. I don't remember anything from Ubuntu
that I can't get on Debian.

So, what is the advantage to using Ubuntu?

--
TBM