Recommendations for lightweight Window Manager?

waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 3 05:42:26 UTC 2009

  I got my shiny new toy (Acer AspireOne).  Right now, I have Knoppix
running "dd" to back up Vista in case I ever need it.  I hope I don't.
Let's just say Vista's "performance" on the machine is "rather
liesurely".  After the backup finishes, Gentoo gets loaded.

  The problem with emulating Vista's cuteness is that you also end up
emulating Vista's slowness.  So forget about GNOME/KDE.  My current
intention is to go with either Blackbox or Fluxbox as the WM.  Is
anybody aware of a competitive alternative, and especially do you have
experience with one?