Gnome equiv. to Kate?

Amanda Yilmaz ayilmaz-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 25 19:09:27 UTC 2009

There is indeed a "Session Saver" plugin for gedit, which on
Debian/Ubuntu systems is one of the extra plugins in the 'gedit-plugins'
package.

When you install 'gedit-plugins' and enable Session Saver, a new submenu
called "Saved sessions" appears in the File menu between the Open and
Save entries, from where you can save, open and otherwise manage
sessions.  The submenu looks something like this:

Saved sessions  >
    My first saved session
    My second saved session
    My third saved session
    (and so on...)
    Save current session
    Manage saved sessions...

Does that seem like it might fit the bill?

Amanda