openwrt: what routers just plain ***work***?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 20 16:35:31 UTC 2009

Peter wrote:
> I do not know how exactly the complaint angle works in Canada, but in general,
> the ham radio community is best equipped (!!) to both detect and record the
> interference and report it. This is true in most countries, and likely also in
> Canada.
>
> A quick google search for the words:
>
> 'radio amateurs of canada rfi interference reporting'
>
> Brings up numerous relevant links that point further. Elsewhere I would call up
> one of the local hams, tell him what the problem is, and after a number of
> phone-calls be talking either to a knowledgeable engineer or to the local ham
> club or something equivalent and they would be very helpful, and have the
> complaint address handy. In the US the ham community is trying to stop broadband
> over powerlines using similar arguments now, as far as I can read.

I forgot to mention this in the previous note. They are trying to stop
interference to a licensed service from a service that's not allowed to
interfere with licensed services. There has apparently been a bit of
politics in the FCC, causing them to ignore their mandate and own rules.
A court recently ruled against the FCC in this matter.