Moblin, anyone?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 20 07:34:46 UTC 2009

| From: Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org>

| Does anyone here have any experience with the Moblin project
| (http://moblin.org/)? Now that it's shifted focus from MIDs to netbooks
| and has the Linux Foundation (as well as Novell and of course Intel)
| behind it, the resulting system looks like a viable alternative to
| Ubuntu Netbook Remix.

The interface does not look useful to me.  But I haven't tried it.

Hey, I don't like my Nokia N800's interface much.  Not that it is bad,
just that it doesn't feel right for my (idiosyncratic) usage.

| I'm looking at the possibility of dual-booting the latest release of
| Moblin (V2.0beta2) with the UNR on my EeePC. Has anyone else tried this?

I just read:
	beware of the ISO it will wipe your disk without confirmation
http://www.gnome.org/~michael/blog/2009-05-19.html
(He's one of the developers.)