Free to a good home: Compaq Deskpro EN

Salman Ahmed fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 19 15:16:22 UTC 2009

I have a non-functioning Compaq Deskpro EN SFF (small form factor) PC that might be of use to someone who can fix it. This PC has a dead or damaged PSU - either it can be repaired or replaced.

This PC had been running Debian perfectly for a few months until about two weeks ago when a power fluctuation knocked it out. I now regret not having it on a UPS.

Googling for this type of problem revealed that it is a "Power Supply Crow Bar" which means that the PSU has died. However, since this SFF PC uses a non-standard PSU I can't be bothered to look for a replacement.

The PC's specs are: PIII 733MHz CPU, 128Mb PC100 SD-RAM, CD-ROM drive, built-in 10/100 NIC, built-in VGA (or SVGA) graphics, >= 2 USB 1.0 ports.

This PC is being offered as is without monitor, mouse, keyboard, HDD, or any cables to anyone who can pick it up and repair it. You just need to find a replacement PSU and add an IDE HDD and you'll have a very quiet and compact PC for running Linux.

Pickup only from near Don Mills Rd & Eglinton Ave.