[OT] prepaid internet access in toronto: options ?

Peter plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 12 22:15:06 UTC 2009

Thanks for the tips guys. As others have deduced I prefer wireless access. I am
still on Starbucks. I have checked out the other options and f.ex. 2nd cup does
not work with a card, one needs a cc.

I will try a generic cc from shoppers drug mart with that. If someone knows that
that does not work (generic cc on 2nd cup wifi access point) please say so, it
would save me $50 in generic cc cost. Linuxcaffe is an option but it is way out
of my normal circuit so I can use it only infrequently.

The culprit for the present situation is a major phone and internet provider who
promised me that the changes I made to a phone line subscription will NOT change
or move the internet access. Yet they did. And now they want $100 to reinstate
the service (I told them to get the recording of the conversation with the
attendant but they declined and tried to prove that it is my fault. riiight).

The best solution so far looks like cc with rogers and 2nd cup which is $35/mo.
I do not know if there are also other limitations. If there are, say so.

Also what's the deal with free public internet access ? I have a weak signal and
cannot connect properly, I'd like to know more before I dig deeper.

tia,

  Peter