Centos 5 & b43 wireless drivers

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 10 17:51:49 UTC 2009

Hello pals,

Has anybody here ever heard of a way of using b43 drivers with Centos 5?
>From my research, the only way that can be achieved is through compiling the
kernel, which then mean I can not update it frequently for security. The
same apply when using the wrapper, when there is a kernel update, the whole
thing break.

The native driver in Centos  5.3 is bcm43xx and they do not seem to work
however hard I try.  I have a Broadcom Corporation BCM4311, which I hate
with passion, but can not do much about it for the time being

Regards,

William