copylefts (Re:off topic, yet on)

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 8 17:59:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> given that GPLd applications running in the cloud don't need
> to release source.

Is that true? I can see that applies to server-side
applications, but many of web application has most of the
interface code delivered to the users as client-side
applications (Javascript stuff). Wouldn't this constitute
"distribution", and therefore the copyleft requirement (if any)
will apply?

> may eventually be deprecated by the FSF just as the LGPL is
> now.

Is there any recommended license which copyleft but allow to
linked (even statically) in a software with other license?

> I predict that the most popular Linux client OS will be
> Android,

Any future for Moblin and Limo?

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo