Possible future talk; interest?

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu May 7 11:41:27 UTC 2009

Hi all,

   I saw an article this morning about how there isn't all that much in
the way of "intermittent" level papers, talks and such on most
programming languages. I'm not sure how true this is, but it got me
thinking about a possible future talk for TLUG. I've been trying to
think of a topic since I was asked to present again a month or two ago,
so perhaps this fits?

   So then, would there be any interest in an intermittent talk about
Perl? I was thinking along the lines of "Introduction to Writing Perl
Modules", "Introduction to Object Oriented Perl" or something
similar/variation of/combination of.

   I make no claim to be an expert in either of these fields, or in Perl
itself, but I do feel confident enough in them to introduce the topics
to people who may have an otherwise softer exposure to Perl.

   If so, I'd be ready later in the summer. If not, I will continue to
think on another topic. :)

Madi