Canada's Open Source Prowess: 28th of 75 Countries

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 6 17:50:17 UTC 2009

I meant to CC TLUG when I sent this to the CLUE discussion list
earlier.  I'd love to hear people's thoughts and/or interpretations...

Michael Geist has posted an interesting article on a new ranking
system (from Georgia Tech and Red Hat) about FOSS penetration in 75
countries around the world.

According to their data, Canada has some work to do:

 Overall: 28
 Government: 34
 Industry: 17
 Community: 16

I've been looking for statistics like these for several years - worth
a look IMO.

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/3934/125/
http://www.redhat.com/about/where-is-open-source/activity/

--