bandwidth 1 over N

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Wed May 6 17:28:07 UTC 2009

you can use iptables to do straight metering to a target MB/s,
but thats not optimal, what you want to to be as bad as 1/N
if all in action, else, give 1/(N-1), or whatever,
i believe iptables can help in that aspect too,
i would guess iptables is what you need, its just a matter of digging on it.
you could use scripting and access to iptables info to get even fancier.

-tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>