off topic, yet on

Peter plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 6 16:27:42 UTC 2009

Fwiw i had to resort to getright on vista to get it going. Konqeror failed to
get it on linux. Default handler for html was set to firefox, perhaps that's the
reason. In any case, there will be NO third party d/l manager on my laptop under
linux, EVER. I have better things to do than to discover that something is
trying to update 200MB or exposes donkey ports to the firewall detectors when i
connect through expensive airtime or through some begged off corporate network
access.

The actual d/l link seems to be static (does not change between attempts - I had
to try several times to get it going). It looks like a data warehousing 'key'
added to the file name (Akmai and company type). Really idiotic for them not to
allow normal downloads though. On the other hand, it fits in with most company
policy decisions, so ...

Peter