Workshop on streaming and audio/video production using Linux

jim cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 6 07:01:11 UTC 2009

Hi ,
I thought there may be some people on the list interested in a workshop
taking place at this years Subtle Technologies Festival in Toronto .
This years festival theme is "networks"
http://www.subtletechnologies.com
The 2 day workshop, June 10th and 11th is taught by Julien Ottavi and
will include an introduction to the Linux distribution APODIO (a live
DVD distro)  http://www.apo33.org/apodio/doku.php that he
created. Below is some information on the workshop program. More info
can be found here:
http://www.subtletechnologies.com/2009/?page_id=204 . For those of you
who aren't familiar with Pure Data, it's an awesome graphical
programming language http://puredata.info/ . It is great for audio and
video applications but can also be used for general I/O control. If you
have any questions feel free to contact me.
Jim

Workshop Program
• Introduction to Gnu/Linux and APODIO distribution
• A/V tools for recording, mixing, effects, real-time…
• Introduction streaming technology (icecast server, A/V clients)
• Pure Data fundamentals ( build an audio patch for network
collaboration, automation system and control device such as wii,
joystick, mouse and keyboard)
• Basics of remote control protocol (vnc, netsend/netreceive, OSC…)
• Online collaborative performance (end of the workshop)