Concise Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 31 14:37:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 09:54:29PM -0400, Mr Chris Aitken wrote:
> There's a list of 'UNIX System Requirements' and right beside that is a
> 'Ready for OS/2Warp NSTL Tested System Requirements' section (both on
> the same box). Akin to the MAC Requirements and PC Requirements I've
> seen on other boxed apps.

Could be a small company that uses one box for all versions.

> chris at cpc:/media/cdrom0$ dir /media/cdrom0/*
> /media/cdrom0/ahd.hlp       /media/cdrom0/ahdphoni.afm
> /media/cdrom0/ahdphon.pfb   /media/cdrom0/dux.exe
> /media/cdrom0/enc_cd.dsc  /media/cdrom0/enc_cd.pkg
> /media/cdrom0/install.exe  /media/cdrom0/readme.txt
> /media/cdrom0/ahdphon.afm  /media/cdrom0/ahdphoni.pfb
> /media/cdrom0/chk4dlls.exe  /media/cdrom0/duxshelf.dll
> /media/cdrom0/enc_cd.icf  /media/cdrom0/enc.hlp
> /media/cdrom0/install.in_  /media/cdrom0/renec510.dat

To me that looks like entirely OS/2 only stuff.  There is nothing for
unix there that I can see.

Perhaps the unix binaries are acquired elsewhere.  The .afm makes me
think of adobe framemaker, which I think used to come in various unix
flavours years ago.  It is probably more like an adobe font metric, given the .pfb is printer font binary so we have:

/media/cdrom0/ahd.hlp - OS/2 help file I suspect.
/media/cdrom0/enc.hlp

/media/cdrom0/ahdphoni.afm - font files
/media/cdrom0/ahdphon.pfb
/media/cdrom0/ahdphon.afm
/media/cdrom0/ahdphoni.pfb

/media/cdrom0/enc_cd.dsc - probably data files for the encyclopedia,
/media/cdrom0/enc_cd.pkg - but might contain the only hope of anything
/media/cdrom0/enc_cd.icf - unix related.

/media/cdrom0/install.exe - OS/2 installer program.

/media/cdrom0/readme.txt - a text file

/media/cdrom0/chk4dlls.exe - Program something used by the installer.

/media/cdrom0/dux.exe - OS/2 executable for the program.

/media/cdrom0/duxshelf.dll - A library for OS/2 used by the program.

/media/cdrom0/renec510.dat - A data file for the program.

/media/cdrom0/install.in_ - Some date file for the installer, program compressed.

So well, over all there is very little there that gives any indication
of anything other than OS/2.

--
Len Sorensen