OT: photoshop on Windows

Stephen stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 27 20:39:53 UTC 2009

William Muriithi wrote:

I forgot to add that I also am running 64 bit and Windows 7 beta.

Not having a dedicated swap drive is a big hurt, as well as not having a
separate data drive. The swap drive can be an old 20 gig IDE drive. I
have a couple on a shelf, somewhere.

1.7 gigs of ram is all that 32 bit Windows can use for one app, so not
much you can do there.

Your file size is large and suggests camera RAW files. And the 10-25
layers is quite high.

This is getting into power user activity and you really need a power
user machine.

> Not sure I understood you here. Photoshop can handle batch jobs?

Yes. Under the File menu there is a batch processor and also an image
processor.

You have probably done everything you can do without spending money. I
would try flattening layers after saving intermediate work.

Stephen