Happy Ada Lovelace Day!

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 25 18:26:51 UTC 2009

| From: CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>

| JoeHill wrote:
| > CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:

| > I find both of you have no sense of humour, and sentence you both to be hung by
| > the neck until you cheer up.
|
| It's interesting to watch how much further you can stick your foot in
| your mouth. Your original "joke" wasn't funny and now you compound it
| with another stupid "joke".

JoeHill (at least under that name) didn't make a joke (as far as I can
tell).  Unless "Oh, snap" is a joke.

I think you dreamed you saw Joe Hill last night <==== joke

Each to his own taste, but I don't care for the "humour" in this
thread.  I too side with Dave on this one.

Changing topics:

How was March 24th chosen as Ada Lovelace day?  It isn't here birth or
death day?

I don't understand calling her Ada Lovelace.  Ada, Countess of
Lovelace would seem to be her normal name.  Her name using our
conventions would be Ada King.

To reply to the original "joke", nobody with a surname of Lovelace
would have any reason to be related to a Countess Lovelace.  Titles
and surnames come from different namespaces.  I guess pornstar names
come from still another namespace.