Enterprise wifi

Richard Weait richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 22 12:31:08 UTC 2009

Dear All,

Interested in enterprise-class wifi?  I met the folks from Xirrus at
Southern California Linux Expo last month and was impressed by a
couple of things.

First, they provided the wfi at the conference and it was always up
and always fast.  At a place with over a thousand Linux-folks and
seemingly everybody blogging everything.  My VPN has never been
zippy-er.  Nicely done.

Second, they had their hardware open for ogling at their booth.  Huge
geek-cred.

Third, they were founded by the same person who founded Xircom, the
little red modem / network connector that fit in a PCMCIA port with
the awesome industrial design.

Fourth, did I mention that they sponsored SoCaLinuxExpo (SCaLE 7x) ?

So while this will be a sales seminar, I think that you will find this
one interesting if you have a legitimate interest in campus /
enterprise wifi / hundreds of concurrent users / etc.  And the folks
are F/LOSS supporters so they are worthy of our support.

Sorry for the short notice.  The event is Tuesday 24 March, in London
ON.  Please contact Xirrus directly with questions or for
registration.

Best regards,
Richard