Re: [TLUG]: IT360° Conference & Expo, APRIL 8, 2009,TORONTO

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 19 16:05:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 4:43 AM, Meng Cheah <meng-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Is GTALUG having a booth again this year?
> Or not ? :-)

It looks quite likely not; it would be mighty late to be starting to
announce it...

- The availability of free passes was looking to be evaporating,
though perhaps EMC is making that not true, albeit kind of at the last
minute.

- The relevance of/to Linux seems to have been dwindling as the set of
topics kept growing towards other things.

- To my mind, the killer question is whether or not it merits our
soliciting the fairly large number of volunteers needed to staff a
booth for two days.  It's not an issue of money; it's the matter of
whether this is using volunteer time in a way that is valuable.

Personally, I would really rather that we invest that effort on
Ontario LinuxFest.  I'm only one vote in that, but I wasn't alone in
this position when we last talked about this at an executive meeting.
Douglas Adams  - "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they
make as they fly by."