C++ IDE Recommendation

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 15 03:29:12 UTC 2009

I've been using "Anjuta" lately while I try to remember all my
long-forgotten coding tricks.

It does highlighting and has tabs. If there's an error when you
compile it'll jump to the module/code in question, but I haven't tried
for an in-code function reference.
I believe there was a replace-all function which should handle #3

- TJA

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Marc Lanctot <lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm looking for an IDE that works in Linux that has good syntax
> highlighting.
>
> Also I'm looking for two (third is not as important) specific features I've
> not found together yet:
>
> 1. Tabs for multiple files
>
> 2. Code indexing (highlight a function or class name and jump to its
> implementation)
>
> 3. Refactoring (change all instances of variable or function name in all
> source files)
>
> Eclipse (with the add-on for C++) does some but the indexing is not very
> well-implemented, last I tried it hardly worked. Also, Eclipse is really
> slow, so I was hoping to find a native client. KDevelop is missing the
> indexing, maybe also the refactoring.
>
> I use gvim right now but it obviously doesn't have the refactoring and
> indexing since it's not an IDE.. but if vim plugins existed for these then
> that would be great.
>
> Marc
>
> --
> The only real valuable thing is intuition.
>  -- Albert Einstein

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support
LPIC/LPIC-2