C++ IDE Recommendation

Marc Lanctot lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 14 22:18:47 UTC 2009

CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> Marc Lanctot wrote:
>> I'm looking for an IDE that works in Linux that has good syntax
>> highlighting.
>
> You might like KDevelop. It has plug-ins for various languages,
> including C++.

I mentioned in my original post that I've tried KDevelop (the KDE/C++)
and couldn't find what I wanted, but maybe there's a plugin that exists
for it?

I absolutely need what Eclipse calls 'code indexing', eg. I need to jump
to a method or class's definition by just highlighting it somewhere in
the code. That and refactoring are the only reasons I'd consider moving
to an IDE from just basic editor with tabs for multiple files.

Marc

--
The only real valuable thing is intuition.
   -- Albert Einstein