The Linux Game Tome

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 11 12:15:43 UTC 2009

Wormux is a great game. Between it and Frozen-Bubble one can waste a
lot of time (but have fun).

One thing I find sad though is that a lot of the more popular 'nix
games are basically (enhanced) clones of existing games, with wormux
being obviously derived from Worms, and FB's principals having been a
long-standing arcade-game.

Anyone know any original linux games? World of Goo comes to mind,
though it's a cross-platform and not purely Linux game.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Marc Lanctot <lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was asked to post this web site after mentioning it at the meeting:
>
>  http://www.happypenguin.org/
>
> There are lots of Linux and open source games out there.. most are not
> mature or barely functional; note the ability to sort by rating. :) The list
> of good ones is starting to grow quite large now, though...
>
> My current favorites are: Rocks n' Diamonds, Wormux, and GCCG (mtg). If
> anybody is ever up for playing multi-player by network, let me know!
>
> Marc
>
> --
> The greatest shortcoming of the human race is the inability to
> understand the exponential function.
>  -- Albert A. Bartlett

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support