linksys wireless on Debian Testing

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 5 05:59:14 UTC 2009

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 12:54:48PM -0500, JoeHill wrote:
> > I should also mention...
> >
> > On my wireless router, I have the security set up as follows:
> >
> > Security Mode is WPA personal
> >
> > WPA algorithms is TKIP
> >
> > I have a WPA shared key set up, but I never had a chance to enter that
> > anywhere on the client system...at least not that I saw.
>
> Well I have seen it done simply from network manager in gnome (and
> perhaps kde).  Doing it from the command line involves comvuluted work
> involving wpa-suplicant and company.

I went back and looked at it again. This time I went in to the network config
in the system menu, and it opened a dialogue to enter the wireless network
settings, but it does not have a choice for WPA and a passphrase, only for WEP
with a WEP password.

Is WPA not supported, or am I still in the wrong spot for this?