Nvidia on new Debian Testing system

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 4 17:34:30 UTC 2009

Setting up Debian for a friend, and it looks like some things have changed with
xorg.

When I run dpkg-reconfigure, there is nothing in there to change driver,
resolution, or anything.

I also installed the nvidia config utility, but that failed with a message
saying there was a missing 'driver' line in xorg.conf. I checked that file and
it doesn't look anything like I'm used to, it just has 'configured device' in
the video section.

Any tips on how nvidia works with this new xorg setup?