Questions from a Linux user considering a Macbook

Marc Lanctot lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 3 18:44:28 UTC 2009

E K wrote:
> Too late and typical of a windows/Mac user to be of interest. Since you didn't say anything that we don't already know, the information content of your email is nil hence not helpful.
>
> We already know that your time is more worth than the machoness .... We also know that you don't know that you can have fully supported pre-installed Linux or get it installed for you.

First of all: that was unnecessarily harsh. This list gets lots of posts
per day.. there are times I get busy and can't keep up for a week or two
and I have to spend an hour or two just going through everything I
missed. It'd be a shame if I felt less inclined to follow up on
something just because I'd get flamed for being "late".

Secondly, he started his post with a warning that it was mostly a summary.

Thirdly, it /actually was helpful/, to me at least. Nobody had mentioned
the extended warranty and with his experience with laptops that info is
quite valuable.. and nobody had mentioned tunneling X through ssh, or
implied having used fink as much as he did.

So, can we all be friends? Thanks.

Marc

--
Black holes are where God divided by zero.
   -- Steven Wright