Topic request / suggestion list

Marc Lanctot lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 2 22:18:47 UTC 2009

Madison Kelly wrote:
> Robert Brockway wrote:
>> Topics I'd like to talk about:
>>
>> - Netfilter (aka iptables)
>> - Backups
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rob
>
> I did a talk on Netfilter/IPTables a few years back. I'd be happy to
> brush it off and update it (time permitting, I could try adding some of
> those esoteric settings Paul's asking for). Of course, I'd need to
> scrape the rust out of my brain first, so March would be too soon.

I would totally be up for that. I'm sure I've been misusing iptables for
the past few years.

I added a few to the list of what I'd like to see on Richard Weait's
voting page, along with a slight description of each, but just for good
measure here are the broad topics posted on the list as well:

- Kernel development
- Game development under Linux
- Debian/Ubuntu packaging tutorial.. how to be a maintainer
- Video editing
- OpenMosix or any other similar technology that has replaced it
- General shell-scripting under Linux for every day user or sysadmin
tasks (I can offer to do this one)

Maybe slightly off topic, but..
- web dev in Linux, especially ajax or similar technologies

Marc

--
Patents act as a tax, an innovation tax.
   -- James Bessen