Presentations and presenters

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 2 17:42:19 UTC 2009

2009/3/2 Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Maureen Thornton <maureen-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Gimp from the ground up, please, please, please!
>> Maureen
>
> I know we've had this talk; Stephanie Fox was, a long time ago, the
> "heavily hit-on sole female TLUG attendee", and despite this ;-), did
> a talk on GIMP which she was using professionally:
> http://tlug.ss.org/wiki/GIMP
> http://tlug.ss.org/wiki/Stephanie_Fox
>
> She disappeared when she finished school; I'm not aware that any other
> GIMP experts have emerged.
>
> Alternatives to GIMP have since emerged; I'd think that there could be
> useful variations on the topic.  I don't care if it's GIMP I use, or
> something else; it *would* be useful to hear about the "care and
> feeding" of graphics tools from the perspective of "How Do You Clean
> Up Your Photos???"

I did a GIMP presentation back in 2002 (not in Toronto), and have
continued to use the GIMP heavily since.  I could easily be convinced
to update the presentation and give it at GTALUG.  But not for a
couple months, and don't put me on the calendar without talking to me
first please.

I'll second Chris's votes: I'd really like to see presentations on
Scribus and especially Inkscape.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/