Presentations and presenters

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 2 16:13:22 UTC 2009

Perhaps it would be useful if someone came up with a "talk template";
a checklist of sorts that budding presenters can use as a guideline.
That way it's not so intimidating to do a talk and come up with a
presentation from scratch. Something like what Richard described:

- introduction to each tool and it's purpose - 5 min
- description of the goal. - 3 min
- go through the steps to get there.  Cover the key pitfalls to avoid
and interesting lessons learned. 40 - 80 min
- review and Q&A - 15 to 30 min
- applause, curtain call, encore, bow, exeunt.

It could be posted on the GTALUG site so people can access it.

A while back I did a NewTLUG talk on how to give a presentation. If
anyone's interested in coming up with a talk template, I'd gladly
donate the slides I made.

pm

--
Paul Mora