Presentations and presenters

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 2 07:45:45 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>  Suggestions?

Has TLUG ever done the lightning-talk format?  Line up presenters for
individual 5 minute talks.  Set a clock.  You can use up to but not
over 5 minutes.  Even if it doesn't fill the TLUG agenda, it could
bookend a shorter presentation.

If you're boring, then it's only 5 minutes.  If you're really good,
maybe you'll consider a full talk some other meeting.

It could be a chance to introduce new projects, talk about what you're
working on and/or solicit help.  It's a very effective format
elsewhere in the world.  I'd lead the thing, but I won't be able to
attend a meeting until at least May.

-Mike