icecast2 server

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 2 03:03:10 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009, Scott Elcomb wrote:

> Sockso might be an alternative.  I tried it briefly when it came on a
> recent LFX coverdisc (last month?) and was rather impressed with the
> implemetation.

I set it up but not sure how to use it on my LAN.  I certainly don't want my
CD music files out on the Net.  On the workstation running Sockso, I can view
the Webpage by using 'localhost' instead of the IP address supplied for
Sockso.  However none of my computers on the LAN can resolve
a '207.112.41.120' address.

Some messages on the forum indicate people have it working locally but perhaps
they have a local Webserver or ???.  At any rate nice application,  another
proof that Java programs can be quite good.

cheerio

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can