cross-platform GUI mail client that support maildir?

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 30 19:51:25 UTC 2009

On 30/06/09 03:33 PM, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
>> Why does it matter as long as you're using IMAP?
>
> Well, that is the issue, I would like the mail client to use local
> maildir instead of IMAP; also preferably in that case the client does
> duplicate those mails in its own "cache".

I don't understand what you want. You said you wanted maildir support,
presumably local, on *nix, and you wanted it to "support IMAP well". I
still don't see what difference it makes how your MUA stores local
mailboxes if you're using IMAP. In Thunderbird, you have the option of
specifying if you want the remote mailboxes available for offline use,
in which case, it would cache locally. The default is not to do that.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis