what is the situation wrt. ideas created by employees while employed ? who owns them ?

Rajinder Yadav devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 30 14:47:33 UTC 2009

Replace software with gun, I wonder what the NRA would think of it... In fact what about a car? We don't hold a maufacture responsible, so why should developers be held accountable?

Unless the software is designed to cause harm, then it is the act that is criminal from inception.

Software could be designed to control explosion as in the timing of an engine, parts of the software could be redeployed for other purpose, like Hollywood FX and blowing things real big with different timing ;) ... Obviously the software designer or developer cannot be held to account for its use.

Infact one could argue they used Linux to run the software and now more developers are exposed if we contiune with the logic?

Rajinder

Sent from my IPhone