what is the situation wrt. ideas created by employees while employed ? who owns them ?

Peter plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 29 23:20:26 UTC 2009

Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at ...> writes:
> This tends to depend on the employment contract that you signed, which
> is almost certain to be different from the employment contract that I
> signed.

I did not sign any contract, thanks for all the ideas. This is a theory
discussion, to see what the prevailing current is. I know of people in the
states who had to sign non-competition agreements that implied that the employer
owns everything the employee invents, ideas and all, even if done in his spare
time. What is the idea in Canada ? Differences between provinces ? Shurely there
must be some legislation about this. I will not spend money on a lawyer until I
will get to the point of signing a contract.

Peter