kubuntu 9.04 and ext4

Rajinder Yadav devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 27 22:13:19 UTC 2009

I broke down and purchased a little bit more ram for the linux box so I could install a 2nd Linux distro that's a bit more up to date than CentOS 5.3 for my development.

I am wondering about using the new ext4 filesystem. To install the kernel in the /boot partition, do I need to use ext3, or can I use ext4.

Also is there any noticeable speed difference or advantage of using ext4 vs ext3 filesystem?

Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav