wxformbuilder not able to find libs?

Rajinder Yadav devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 27 21:02:54 UTC 2009

Hi Marc,

I am kind of surprised because wxFormBuilder has made it to version 3.0 with this type of make system. The readme has a section on how to run a script to generate a make file, yet I could not find that script!

There seems to be another script I am to run before make, not sure? because I recall it has a prefix pre to whatever it was called (not at my linux box now).

About ldconfig, I have been doing things this was, making sure to call it after I do my 'make install', always!

So I am still not sure why I need to define and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I ended up sticking this into my '/etc/bashrc' files so it would always be set. Now a day later, I don't feel comfortable with this idea so when I get home tonight I will remove it because I don't want to break my system by confusing it to use some other lib. I say this because I had to rebuild glibc so I got one that came with my system and another one from source that I needed to build CodeBlocks my C++ IDE. Possibly the new glibc if loaded will break old apps!

I think I need to rebuild (wxFormBuilder) because it's broken. I run the app, I do not see a toolbox to be able to start creating resources. I don't even see that in the menu anywhere!

I agree that documentation is poorly lagging in some/many open source projects.... this is my greatest annoyance! The project page has a wiki, I just noticed and I don't see any instructions on how to build from source. Since they also have a forum I will give that a try... I guess none of the developers want to take 5-10 mins out of their time once a day and possibly write up a how to compile and install wxForumBuilder!

On the forum now, I am reading someone else having issues on fedora 9 with gcc 4.3 which is going to break with old code because of strictness....lol, love open source!

I was almost seduce to install fedora 11, but it will not install on my older system with 384M of ram...I will stick to my base CentOS 5.3 tool chain so I don't waste time and hoping the open source community will catch up with C++ compliant code that will not break on gcc 4.3.

Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav