plasma crashing with ethernet connected

jim cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 27 19:35:11 UTC 2009

Hi
I'm running the latest distribution of Kubuntu 9.04 . For some strange
reason if I plug an ethernet cable into my laptop Plasma crashes. It
works fine if I'm using wireless. If I start plasma in the console this
is the error message I get. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Tried
tracking the source of error but no luck. Below is the console output.

Thanks,
Jim

plasma(4189) WiredConnectionInspector::accept: true
plasma(4189) InterfaceItem::activeConnectionsChanged: "eth0" Active
connections:
plasma(4189) InterfaceItem::activeConnectionsChanged:
"/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/0"
"/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/0"
plasma(4189) InterfaceItem::activeConnectionsChanged: "wlan0" Interface
has no active connections
plasma(4189) InterfaceItem::activeConnectionsChanged: "wlan0" Interface
has no active connections
plasma(4189) InterfaceItem::activeConnectionsChanged: "eth0" Active
connections:
plasma(4189) InterfaceItem::activeConnectionsChanged:
"/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/0"
"/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/0"
plasma(4187): Communication problem with  "plasma" , it probably
crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message
did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "