wxformbuilder not able to find libs?

Rajinder Yadav devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 27 11:26:06 UTC 2009

It seems the make file for wxformbuilder still needs work! There is no make install step.

To fix the problem, I had to define LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the runtime wxgtk+ and wxformbuilder libs ...starting to get an understanding how this works.

I also had to create sym-links to some xml files, if it was not for the descriptive error messages with path to file, I would not have figured out the last step.

I wonder how much time and energy is lost on incomplete steps, the developers must love to answer FAQ? Even reading the INSTALL notes didn't help me.

Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav