small flash cards for low prize?

Fri Jun 26 16:51:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:23:38AM -0400, David J Patrick wrote:

>>  I know
>> my workplace just got a boxfull of 2Gb sticks with our logo on them.  I
>> can look into the pricing if you like.
>
> oh, yes, over here ! me like prices too !
> djp

It turns out that when you don't consult with your IT staff (me, in this
case) you end up with a bad deal.  The sticks that we purchased were
about $700 for 100, and they use a poor choice of glue to secure the PCB
in the housing, so they are prone to failure as the force of insertion
pushes the working parts too far into the housing to complete the
connection.  YMMV, but caveat emptor.
--

yours,

William