Questions about disabling {CTRL-ALT-DEL}

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 26 14:51:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 07:09:59PM -0400, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
>> Nothing else.  I have changed that before as well, usually to something
>> that echoes a message.
>
> For years I had C-A-D dump "This is not a Windows box!" to the console :)

I also have this script as /usr/local/sbin/[reboot|halt|shutdown|poweroff]

#!/bin/bash
/usr/games/cowsay "This is a server.  Not your local test unit or router.  Are you sure you want to `basename $0` $HOSTNAME?"
sleep 1
echo ""
echo "If so please use /sbin/`basename $0` explicitly."

Helps avoid embarrassing reboots of things you might ssh to once in a while.

Certainly seems to get people's attention.

--
Len Sorensen