build configure script error

Rajinder Yadav devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 24 20:22:25 UTC 2009

Hi Marc,

I agree with you that if I installed the devel pack then I should not have to build them from source, but getting desperate I tired everything I could think of at the time =)

I am not sure why make install put the lib and include under /usr/local and not /usr

I just noticed this when I did a search for the libs the most recent compiled version were found under /usr/local/

I will have to get you the logs tonight when I get home.

The nice guys on ciaro mailing list totally ignored? snubber? my request, yet just right now I see they helped someone else with a compile error, stating that gmake is needs, if the person took the time to read the INSTALL note he would have know =P ... maybe I should reply to that thread and ask what he did to get past the config script...in fact I am going to do that just now ;)

Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav