Today's Deal; ASUS N10Jc-A1 @ $499

Robert P. J. Day rpjday-L09J2beyid0N/H6P543EQg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 24 16:32:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 08:10:51AM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
> > Continuing the recent tradition of sharing good deals:
> >
> > http://infonec.com/site/main.php?module=detail&id=438112
> >
> > That's the Eee's big brother, HDMI, fingerprint reader and such.
> >
> > $300 off.
>
> I am trying to figure out in what way that is a big brother to the
> EEEpc, given most EEEpcs these days are 10" as well, use the same
> CPU, same ram, same disk, etc.
>
> I haven't seen the fingerprint scanner on an eeepc yet, nor the
> HDMI, on the other hand no bluetooth might annoy some people.
> Seems like a good deal, or at least it brings the price down to
> where the eeepcs with about the same specs are at.
>
> It looks like it might have nvidia 9300 graphics instead of just the
> intel, which would be very different than any of the eeepcs.  Same
> with the gigabit ethernet port.

  nvidia?  the specs clearly describe the intel GMA950.  or are you
talking about the stock eeepc?

  i know a lady who very much wants a netbook so she can stop dragging
around her full-size laptop but she's out of town right now and that
deal looks valid only for today.  bummer.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday