build configure script error

Rajinder Yadav devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 24 05:26:14 UTC 2009

I am trying to build cairo from tarbar source but when I run the configure script I keep getting the following error:

configure: error: Cairo requires at least one native font backend.  Please install FreeType and fontconfig and try again.

I have both the font backend installed. I even went and rebuilt them (again) from source and was able to build each successfully. Yet! cairo config script keeps barfing out, still.

Anyone here know what I might have to do?

Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav