OT: Credit Card charges after original invoice

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 23 20:12:32 UTC 2009

To put this in another perspective, let's say that this purchase was
not for myself, but for my employer, and it's something like 50 LCD
monitors, but I'll use the same dates as the purchase and new invoice

* On May 9 I go online, select to order 50 monitors, and print off the
final invoice which includes the item cost, shipping, and taxes
* I present this invoice to my manager, and he approves it
* I then proceed to put the charges on my card

* The monitors arrive, I submit the invoice to accounting
* I leave the company, and collect my final paycheque + reimbursement.
* On June 22nd, I receive a NEW invoice, stating I have "purchased" a
monitor disposal fee. If I had been purchasing 50 monitors, this would
probably have been several hundred dollars.

So what happens now. I was never presented with the charges, never
presented them to my employer and/or had them authorized, and I've
since left the company. Perhaps I was fired, who knows, but either way
it's a very suspicious charge. But the fact is that NOBODY was ever
presented with these charges at the time of purchase, nor agreed to
put them on my card.

There is a reason why people get an invoice at the time of/just before
purchase...

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support