good day to buy 30" monitor

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 23 14:59:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 09:28:45AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Expensive, but big discount. $899.00 (nominally a $700 discount)
> These are not to everyones taste.  I like mine (an earlier model).
> Requires a recent video card (dual link DVI).
> 2560x1600
>
> http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=222-7175

Nice screen, but yes it only runs 1280x800 and 2560x1600.  No other
resolutions are possible.  And only one input which is dual link DVI as
you said (single link DVI only gives 1280x800 support).

The 3008 model rather than 3007 (which is what is on sale) has lots of
inputs and a built in scaler and handles lots of resolutions, although
it still looks best at 2560x1600 of course.

Great price for a 30" LCD monitor though.  I think I will stick with my
2408WFP for $429 though.

--
Len Sorensen