good day to buy 30" monitor

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 23 13:51:02 UTC 2009

Also, for those that want a bigger screen with less resolution:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4642653&csid=_21

I got one of these in the 42" model, which I use as my TV (no internal
tuner but a VCR works) and also with a PC for some games/DIVX/etc.
Picture quality is good, and my only beef (other than the first one
arriving a bit damaged and being replaced) is that it tends to seem a
bit "warm" in terms of heat output. But I suppose that might be
expected from a company that makes nuclear reactors as a primary
brand... where's my fission-powered TV?

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:28 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier<hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Expensive, but big discount. $899.00 (nominally a $700 discount)
> These are not to everyones taste.  I like mine (an earlier model).
> Requires a recent video card (dual link DVI).
> 2560x1600
>
> http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=222-7175

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support