Port 80?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 23 00:49:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, cameron lord wrote:

> I have a problem, i run Mepis Light on a laptop of mine in a network,
> and i cant get any internet anymore on it, it says my laptop is already
> using Port 80 for apache, but i dont have apache installed. All my other
> systems based on Debain have now done this too, and i cant just re-image
> them! help??

Hi Cameron.  Run netstat -tanp | grep LISTEN as root and look to see what
process has port 80 open.  You can then locate the relevant startup script
and shut it down.

You may wish to run rkhunter as "mysterious" open ports *can* be
indicative of an intrusion but more often there is a mundane explanation.

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy