Anyone else getting an error message using openoffice on ubuntu-jaunty?

Alex Maynard alex.s.maynard2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 20 19:11:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Alex Maynard <alex.s.maynard2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> Just curious if any one else is getting an error message like this using
> openoffice on ubuntu-jaunty?:
>
> openoffice
> /usr/lib/openoffice/program/../basis-link/ure-link/bin/javaldx: symbol
> lookup error: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: undefined symbol: gzopen64

I apologise for a message that's probably not of interest to anyone on this
list, since no one had similar problems, but I wanted to follow up with a
description to the problem I had just in case any case anyone has a similar
problem in the future and brings up this thread in a search.

The specific problem I had came from installing Matlab. It is described
here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libxml2/+bug/151045/comments/11.
Specifically, the error message above was eliminated once I removed
/usr/local/bin/MATLAB/bin/glnx86 from LD_LIBRARY_PATH in /etc/bash.bashrc.

There seem to be several other sources+solutions for this problem, as
described at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libxml2/+bug/151045

Alex