Creating an unformatted, unmounted LVM LV in kickstart

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 18 17:23:22 UTC 2009

Hi all,

   I am setting up a kickstart file for a CentOS 5.3/Xen install and
want to have it create a logical volume on a VG, but not format or mount
it. The reason is, I will give the partition to a specific virtual
machine, so would just has to unmount it and remove it's entry from
fstab, which kind of defeats having it pre-built with the OS install as
I can just as easy create it after the fact.

   I've got:

### LVM setup.
raid pv.20 --fstype "physical volume (LVM)" --level=RAID1 --device=md2
raid.11 raid.21
volgroup        vg0     --pesize=32768 pv.20
logvol          /       --fstype ext3   --name=lv0 --vgname=vg0 --size=20000
logvol          /vm     --fstype ext3   --name=lv1 --vgname=vg0
--size=250000

   Could I simply add:

logvol --name=lv2 --vgname=vg0 --size=1 --grow

   Without the mount point or fstype being specified?

   Thanks for any help! Google is failing me...

Madi